Tuesday, October 16, 2012

diigo group reflection

I joined a diigo group called EdTech and found some cool resources. I used one during a lesson on ecosystems last week. It was called Animals and Plants: Biomes of the World. My favorite part of was finding the website it came from called "the wildclassroom.com". It's main title is The Wild Classroom: Biology Videos and Podcasting via Ecogeeks. Great site!

 The video showed an Oahu tree snail in its environment on the Hawaiian island of Oahu. All the remaining species of this snail are threatened with extinction in our lifetime.  My students loved this video and we had a great lesson on ecosystems as well as food chains and ecology.

This is such a great time to be teaching because there is an infinite amount of resources right at our finger tips. I can find current and meaningful lessons to work with any lesson I am presenting! In seconds! I'm not sure if the diigo group necessarily helped, I may have found this site by simply googling biomes or ecosystems, but no matter how I got there, we rocked that lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment