Thursday, January 31, 2013

Socrative Rocks

Our class was engaged and enjoyed using socrative today. We had taken a pretest in reading based on the close reading unit we are starting. We had the iPad cart checked out to our room so we checked our answers and went over the test using socrative. It is the best tool I have found yet. We started with answering some multiple choice and true and false questions. The kids liked seeing their answers show up on the whiteboard (I had my teacher account pulled up on my computer). The bar graphs were a great visual.

The coolest part was the short answer questions. We answered some main idea and sequence questions. Their sentences appeared, but the best part was they were able to read everyone's answers and then vote on which one they thought was the best. They loved this and it was a great way for them to see and discuss why the correct answers were the best.

This was great MAP Test practice. It also was the easiest and most successful technology tool I've used in the room yet. The "thumbs up" when they were in and ready to go were so fast. They were able to do everything independently with no lag time and no password confusion. I will definitely use socrative again!

No comments:

Post a Comment