I created a playlist on my youtube chanel with some videos that related to our unit on matter. My students enjoyed viewing them on their devices. For those who did not have their own device, they used classroom laptops. I wasn't sure how to get them logged into my channel without broadcasting my password, so I ended up putting it into all their devices myself, which was a pain and took a little time. I had a small reflection page that went along with the lesson that helped keep them on track.
There were three videos on the list. One was silent and they had to read short prompts about what they saw, one was put to music with written prompts also, the third was a scientist talking about matter and showing the different states. Most of the kids enjoyed the video that was put to music (which also showed glass in its liquid form).
They enjoyed using the playlist, but due to having to log them all in, it may have been just as good as a whole class activity with showing it on the whitebaord. The advantage of them having it on their devices was that they could rewind anything they may have missed and they were in control. All the reflection pages had good responses and they all rated the lesson a 10! I will use the youtube playlist again!
No comments:
Post a Comment